More than 1500 members; Creator: Jesmed F. Suma
We welcome you to the SLPW debate forum.
Please read the following Code of Conduct before you begin to post:
Please note that this forum was created strictly to discuss issues of national interest and topics on socio-economic policy directly affecting the lives of our people. Comments must be relevant and educational and must add value to the debates. The forum would serve as a platform for sharing views and opinions on how to address our many socio-economic problems.
Though the forum may be created by staff and members of Sierra Leone Policy Watch Inc, a policy think tank, the views expressed on the forum does not represent that of the organization. Furthermore, being a subscriber to this forum does not constitute membership of SLPW Inc. the policy Think Tank. The use of our SLPW Debate Forum constitutes acceptance and agreement of our Forum Code of Conduct.
Any member who violates the rules of the forum may be asked to stop posting for a certain period, such as 30, 60 or 90 days at the discretion of the moderators and depending upon the extent of the violation.
However, flagrant and repeated violations of our CoC, will result in an immediate ban. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be misconstrued as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
To continue to enjoy the privilege of being a member on this forum we must observe the following Code of Conduct:
1. Temper down and avoid any direct personal attack or disrespect of any nature towards any other member on the forum. No divisive comments, no insults or innuendoes.
2. No profanity, harassment, derogatory terms, offensive images or porn is allowed on this forum, nor should you use the forum for any illegal conduct or activities that may constitute a criminal offense.
3. In as much as we all have a right to our political opinion, yet we ask that we avoid as much as possible partisan politics, especially baseless accusations that may spur combative arguments. Sometimes if a particular comment/topic has the tendency to be polarizing or divisive we may ask you to substantiate it with supporting document or link to a source.
For instance, If someone say “Members what do you think of the rumour that company XYZ has successfully smuggled 190 carats of Diamond escorted by Tamba head of ABC party or Min of 123 ministry” First of all we would not allow unfounded rumours on the forum, secondly, we may ask you to show us a link to a credible source of your information or we may ask you to delete it. Facts or news item that can be substantiated is what we allow on the forum.
4. Members are allowed to post links only if such a posting:
a. Is meant to share relevant information, it is educational and adds value to the debate or is used to support an argument.
b. Is not used to attack another forum member and must carry the name of the writer and/or publisher.
c. Is not a repeated post that was already recently posted and was already debated.
5. To join the forum you must have a real name with your real profile picture associated with your name. We know sometimes people tend to use different profile images to represent different things in their lives such as the causes they promote; we respect that, so you may change the profile picture after you join the forum and after others have seen and associated your face to the name.
6. Due to the increasing number of membership and the high traffic on the forum each member is encouraged to post no more than two or three topics per day but may comment on any topic including his/her topic as often as necessary as long as it is not repetitive, it adds value to the debate and educational.
7. Where possible any member who initiates a topic is encouraged to help stir the debate towards a fruitful direction by helping to caution and remind contributors to the topic of your main objective if they seem to go off the main idea. At your discretion we would also encourage you to make concluding remarks, as well as possible policy recommendations generated from the debate. Sometimes Moderators may call your attention to remind you when it is time to do.
Thank you and Welcome: Jesmed F Suma (Admin/Chief Moderator)
Return to Wallflux.com